PCF week of prayer and fasting is scheduled to start on Monday 6th January through to Sunday 12th January 2020.
As a church family, we want to take the time to consecrate ourselves, our families, and ministries to God and thank Him for His faithfulness, mercy, and grace. We want to seek his face and guidance for all our undertakings in 2020.
During the fast, attention will be given to ‘The Seven P’s’ for fasting as outlined in the 7 Day Devotional booklet:
- P1 – Purification – to be refined
- P2 – Placement – being correctly positioned
- P3 – Preservative – being sustained and usable
- P4 – Practice – to live out, put into practice
- P5 – Perspective – having a viewpoint (God’s viewpoint)
- P6 – Precipitations – rainfalls (to be saturated with …)
- P7 – Perseverance/Preparation – being persistence and intentional/organising and making an arrangement
Tips for Prayer and Fasting:
- Block out time for prayer and worship (rather than filling them with tasks).
- Carry a Bible with you and feast on the Scriptures.
- Go into the fast with a purpose. You may want to have a couple of people or situations in which you are praying for a breakthrough.
- When you are hungry, pray for those people/situations, and/or acknowledge God’s presence around you.
- Journal anything God speaks for those people/situations and watch God answer prayer! (Psalm 5:3)
- Come and be part of praying corporately throughout our time of fasting. All prayer times are located in the Spring into Action and will be posted here shortly.