On Sunday 6th January through to Sunday 13th January, we are holding a church-wide prayer and fast, and we are asking for your full commitment to this. During the fast, attention will be given to PCF’s focus for 2019 – “Living in the Spirit”. The intention of this is to help us ‘understand the depth and meaning of the Spiritual life and how it differs to a life dominated by the flesh.’
Here is the document that supports this period of fasting.
The following mode of fasting has been suggested:
Track 1 – 20:00 – 00:00 and 00:00 – 15:00
Commence your fasting with prayers at 8pm in the evening. This continues through the morning when you wake for prayer, continuing with your fast up until 3pm that afternoon where you could momentarily break your food fast. Then at 8pm that evening, you would again resume food fasting until 3pm the next day, and so on.
Track 2 – 00:00 – 18:00
Commence fasting at 12am (Midnight) and finish 6pm that evening
Track 3 – 09:00 – 18:00
Commence fasting either at 9am or as soon as you wake up, and break your fast at 6pm that evening
If you have health issues related to food, such as diabetes, you should check with your doctor first before doing a ‘normal food fast’. A ‘partial fast’ may be the best form of fasting for you (please ask for more details about the partial fast).
Whatever mode you choose, we hope you will join with us as we fast and experience more of Jesus.
Daily evening Services will start on Monday 7th January through to Friday 11th January, from 7pm to 8pm.
Tips for your prayer and fast:
• Block out time for prayer and worship (rather than filling them with tasks).
• Carry a Bible with you and feast on the Scriptures.
• Go into the fast with a purpose. You may want to have a couple of people or situations in which you are praying for breakthrough.
• When you are hungry, pray for those people/situations, and/or acknowledge God’s presence around you.
• Journal anything God speaks for those people/situations and watch God answer prayer! (Psalm 5:3)
• Come and be part of praying corporately throughout our time of fasting. All prayer times are located in the Spring into Action.
So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer.