This is certainly going to be a wonderful weekend of celebrating!
I hear you say ‘Why’ We are celebrating our Pastors as a gesture of thank you for ministering to us when:
– our marriage was in crisis
– as a young couple, we were overwhelmed by infertility
– there was a time when our family living below the poverty level
– we were diagnosed with cancer and numerous other ailments
– we were adjusting to life after divorce
– we were abused
– we became widowed and not know where to turn.
But also to remember the Sunday when our pastors were rejoicing with us when
– we gave birth to our new-born baby
– we got engaged
– we got married
– we came to Christ and accept Him as lord and saviour
– we graduated
– we got that new job
– we received a promotion
– they see our spiritual growth and celebrate with us
Think about this: on any given Sunday, both Pastor Joseph and Pastor David still prays for us when:
– we are unable to pray for ourselves.
– they have to endure intense criticism from people you wouldn’t expect
– they have to watch people who they have pastored and loved dearly passed away
– they are being compared to the world’s best preachers
– they try to find ways to enhance our spiritual growth.
All the above is a true demonstration of their sacrificial love to us and our church, and so truly deserved to be celebrated.
Let us give flowers while they can still smell them!